British military satellite communications experts are set to present at the 20th annual Global MilSatCom conference in London on 6th – 8th November 2018.
LONDON, WATERLOO, UNITED KINGDOM, June 21, 2018 /EINPresswire.com/ — SMi’s 20th annual Global MilSatCom conference, taking place on the 6th to 8th November 2018 in London, UK, promises to provide delegates with the opportunity to hear from all branches of the new British military satellite communications capability.
As SKYNET 6 begins to come into place, Global MilSatCom is set to provide key updates from an unrivalled gathering of military, government and industry experts equipped to discuss procurement, the future of UK SATCOM, the science and technology perspectives, maintaining satellite integrity, industry growth, and much more.
• A strategic overview of procurement and vision for the future of UK SATCOM from the UK Minister for Defence Procurement: Mr Guto Bebb MP, Minister for Defence Procurement, British Government*
• How end users exploit satellite systems within cross domain operations, from Joint Forces Command, Captain David Moody, SATCOM & Strategic Networks, UK MoD
• Science and technology perspectives on future space research and development from Dr Michael O’Callaghan, Space Programme Manager, Dstl
• How to maintain robust and resilient communications in degraded environments from Mr Nick Ayling, Cyber and Space Policy, UK MoD
• Developing UK launch capability vision for industry growth from Mr Mike Rudd, Head of Telecommunications Strategy, UK Space Agency
The three-day conference will provide delegates with the exclusive opportunity to network and meet with these expert speakers, along with a delegation of SKYNET 6 team members, who have confirmed their attendance at this year's event.
In addition, a brand-new focus day taking place on November 5th; ‘Small Satellites and Disruptive Space Technology Focus Day’, will include presentations from new innovative companies, such as Surrey Satellite Technology (SST), the industry lead on Carbonite-2, a new demonstrator satellite, now in orbit and offering sovereign, full-motion colour video from space for the RAF for the first time.
Register by the 29th June to receive a £200 discount on your booking. Visit the website to book your place, download exclusive event content and view the latest agenda at:
Lead Sponsor: SES Networks | Gold Sponsor: Airbus | Sponsors: COMSAT, Eutelsat, GOVSAT, Hughes, Intelsat General (IGC), Kratos, Laser Communications Coalition, Lockheed Martin, Newtec, Raytheon, SES GS, Thales, Viasat | Exhibitors: Baader Planetarium GMBH, Comtech Telecommunications Corp., Datapath, Inster, Integrasys, SCISYS, XTAR, US Air Force
Have already signed up, opportunities for industry to contribute to the conference will be extremely limited. For more details on how your company can get involved please contact:
Alia Malick on: +44 (0) 207 827 6168 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
20th Annual Global MilSatCom
Conference: 6th – 8th November 2018
Focus Day: 5th November 2018
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk
* Subject to final confirmation
+44 (0) 207 827 6138
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire